It is important to consume organically grown mushrooms as mushroom absorbs whatever they grow in both good and bad. Mushroom have the ability to absorb the heavy metals, pollutants from air and water and these growing factors can make mushroom a healthy as well as deadly food.
At Evergreen harvest agro food Pvt Ltd, it is made sure that mushrooms are grown in a clean and healthy environment. IN the bygone days mushrooms were harvested in Netherlands under stringent methods which involved a technical process:
- Compost would be scooped and placed on mushroom trays and further inoculated with spores.
- The waiting period would be nine weeks, providing sufficient time for the mycelium to spawn adequately
- Post the spawning, the flushing would start and the mushroom is ready for hand harvesting.
This traditional method remains as the primary method of mushroom cultivation even today with better quality measures, resulting in a healthy produce of mushrooms. The racks used to grow the mushroom are aluminum and they are periodically cleaned to ensure the surrounding area remains hygienic and clean to raise qualitative mushrooms.
The mushrooms cultivated at Evergreen undergo all the five stages with procedures followed stringently:
- Composting is done first
- Spawning follows with where compost is pasteurized at approximately 60 degree Celsius
- Casing follows where the compost is spread onto long aluminum racks, the mushroom beds
- Pinning the mushrooms is the next important step. Mushroom grows well during autumn but if the same weather condition can be reproduced then mushroom cultivation can be done throughout the year.
- After Pinning, the temperature is maintained at around eighteen degree, Mushroom grow very well in this weather condition. When ready for harvest the mushrooms that required to be sold fresh are handpicked and the ones that need to be preserved and sold later are harvested mechanically.